Wednesday, October 17, 2007

My First Day of Chantix!!! Help!!


Hi Everyone! I am beginning my first day of the Stop-Smoking drug, "Chantix" today. I thought I would start this blog for support, advice, experience, and hope from those of you who are just starting the process, in the middle of the process, or have succeeded or failed to quit smoking on Chantix. Let me tell you a little about me...My name is Leah, I am 34 years old, and have been smoking a pack a day for 20 years. I just went to the doc last week and found a large lump in my breast. This is scaring the crap out of me (I have a mammogram & ultrasound Friday) because my dad died of cancer a few months ago at 54, and both my grandmothers passed away in their 60's from breast cancer. SO........I need to quit smoking!!!! I have wanted to quit & tried to quit for about a year now, but after this cancer scare, I am so serious, and I need to hear from you. I need support. I am a recovering addict & alcoholic-and have been clean for quite a while, and I couldn't have done it without my meetings & support from my fellow addicts. Now the only way I think I can be successful at this smoking cessation, along with Chantix, is the support from my fellow smokers & ex-smokers. Believe me...The fellowship saved my life in one way, now I truly believe it will save my (& hopefully someone else's) life as well. So here I go to take my first pill. PLEASE let's help each other out! I welcome any & everyone from anywhere, as long as we all have something in common...the desire to quit smoking & are considering Chantix. Thanks for taking the time to read my babble!!! :) I can't wait to hear from all of you!!

2 comments:

Tracee Sioux, Sioux Ink: Soul Purpose Publishing said...

Hey Leah,

Congratulations on your life changing decision.

I too am 34 and smoked for 20 years. We have a lot in common.

I know Chantix is going to work great for you. You want change and have a big motivation for change. I wrote an article on Quit Coping that might help you. http://quitcoping.blogspot.com/2007/10/kindness-to-self.html

Actually, lots of them will. I've been a non-smoker for a couple of months now and this isn't my first trip with addiction (Xanex after PPD).

A lump is a big scare. My prayers for "benign" are with you!

Tracee from BlogFabulous and http://www.quitcoping.com

Anonymous said...

Hi Leah,
I admire you very much. I went to the support site and couldn't get through. I got so frustrated I started a blog about it. I was checking out all the Chantix names and found your site. Wish I would have seen it before. I think it's great that you went public in this venture. How's it going for you?

Kim